Monday, August 12, 2013

Transformation Monday!

(Yeah, I know it's supposed to be Transformation Tuesday. Shhh.)

I knew at the start of the summer that I wanted to keep my hair long until August. I was fascinated by the hairstyles and braids I kept seeing on Pinterest and frustrated that my hair was always too short to try any of them out!

I honestly did enjoy the multitude of options I had when my hair was long. (Keep in mind, when I'm saying "long" I'm meaning...slightly past shoulder length. Not that long for normal people, but I felt like Rapunzel.) I did all kinds of cool braids and ponytails and buns and it was a joyous time. But I almost never wore my hair down because it was a pain to straighten and backcomb and spray it until it looked acceptable. And if it was rainy or I was going to sweat...just...no. Plus, my hair is very thin and doesn't have a lot of volume, so when I wore it down it just seemed a bit flat.

Also at the start of the summer, I knew I wanted my hair to be short for back-to-school time. Cause I just love having short hair. It's much easier to take care of, and I am forced to wear it down most of the time because a 1" long ponytail just looks a little silly. I was very scared because I'd had it long for a while, and I hadn't had side bangs since high school. But, voila, here's the before and after:


It's soooo shoooorrrrtttt. At first I hated it. I came home, looked in the mirror, and had a panic attack. And cried and moped. And then I saw people and they liked it and other people liked my facebook photo so I figured it wasn't as bad as I thought. And now I think it's cute. Ha. Post haircut stress disorder is real, my friends.

Can't wait to try some new styles with my new 'do! Whaddaya think? :)
-Ellen

P.S. Health update: Now down 10.6 lbs! (Took awhile...) On to my next goal, -15! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment