Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fun in the Sunday: Yogging

My boyfriend Josh helped me accomplish my goal for the day: Jogging outside!


(That's an Anchorman reference for those of you who, like my friend Esha, aren't fans. [She guessed that it meant yoga-jogging...hehehe])

It was a little less than 50° outside this morning when we set out to jog around my neighborhood's lake. (In May...??) We managed to jog/run/walk around the 2.5 mile circumfrence of the lake in a little over 30 minutes. It was really nice to have an exercise partner! I also did some of the Abs+Legs workouts on my Summer Workout chart. My calves are already feeling sore from running on the inclined treadmill yesterday and all of the calf raises in my leg workout. Hopefully I'll start feeling the abs tomorrow!

In an hour or so I'll sit down to dinner with my parents and my grandma for Mother's Day. Hopefully I'll be able to limit my portions since I only have about 400 calories left to eat today...! Plus, my cheat meal of the week is reserved for tomorrow night's dinner for Josh & I's anniversary!

Have a great evening and Happy Moms Day to everybody!
-Ellen

PS. FUN FACT: I just read that fidgeting and tapping your toes/jiggling your knee is great for your health! You can burn an extra 300 calories per day if you're a fidgeter. I need to get on that!

2 comments: