Friday, May 10, 2013

My Journey Begins!


My Summer Health Journey

I am starting this blog because I want to take some steps to improving current me. I don't want skinny to be the goal, but rather health, self-confidence and happiness. So, this summer, I have decided to make health and self-discovery my prime objectives. I don't plan on losing a ton of weight, but I do want to improve my lifestyle and become more active. I'm using this blog to document my progress, to explore my feelings, and to share the fun and exciting things that are sure to occur.

A Daily Commitment

I plan to blog every single day this summer so I can keep myself committed to being healthy and never giving up. Hold me accountable! To provide myself with some structure, I created this format so I would have a specific idea to focus on/write about each day:

Monday: Mindful Monday
(I'll reflect on how I'm feeling and try to be attentive to my needs and goals. This day is important because it will encourage me to connect my progress to my feelings, and will keep me from bottling up any negative emotions.)

Tuesday: Tasty Tuesday
(I'll try a new recipe or go to a new restaurant, making sure to make healthy choices. I hope to start viewing food as fuel for my body, and not as a reward or a solution to my problems.)

Wednesday: Workout Wednesday
(On this day, I'll talk about my progress with working out or focus on a specific workout that I really enjoy.)

Thursday: Thankful Thursday
(I will put aside my complaints and, instead, blog about on one thing each week that makes my life truly special. I tend to get down in the dumps sometimes, so I want to make sure I always keep a positive attitude and remember the important things in life.)

Friday: Feel Good Friday
(I will indulge in something that makes me truly happy, be it a mani/pedi, a nap in the sun, or a marathon of wedding shows. This day is to remind me that junk food and overeating are not the only ways to feel great!)

Saturday: Spice it Up Saturday
(I'll try a new exercise, visit a new location, or try to step out of my comfort zone in some way. Life is short, so I want to expand my horizons as much as possible!)

Sunday: Fun in the Sun Day
(This day is all about going outside and exploring nature. I hope to take many walks around my neighborhood lake, go canoeing, hiking, or even fishing. Summer is a great time to enjoy the outdoors, so I want to cherish the warm weather while I can!)

* ALSO: I would like to put up some vlogs, videos, and a ton of photos to show how my summer's going!

Wish me luck! I know that even if I'm not a single pound lighter by the end of the summer, this blog and my daily challenges will help me to become a happier, healthier, and more confident person.

:) -Me

(If you care to read more about my story, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment