Friday, May 24, 2013

Feel Good Friday: PIZZA.

Hey! I'm feeling good this Friday. How about you?

My exercise for the day was my classic Bob Harper cardio + then I tried the P90X ab ripper X. Geez. I'm definitely gonna be feeling that tomorrow.

Diet was okay...I "saved up" my calories for dinner because for days now I have been craving pizza. Here comes the "Feel Good Friday" part:
....I went out to dinner and ordered a thin/wheat crust margherita pizza.

It was pretty yummy! But the bad part is, I felt so guilty while I was eating it that I didn't really enjoy it very much :( I just kept thinking about how good it felt to see lower numbers each day on the scale and how this pizza might ruin everything!! But, realistically, even after eating it, there's no way I took in more calories than I burned today. This pizza was literally the healthiest possible pizza I could've ordered, too. I mean...thin crust. Wheat crust. No sauce. Tomatoes and basil. Like, calm down, Ellen. Yeesh. Live a little. ;)

I think that's one of the things I'm going to need to work on if I really want to make this my lifestyle. For me, it takes a lot of commitment and energy to fully devote myself to making healthy decisions every single day. My brain goes into panic mode when I start to actually enjoy a food I'm eating. (Weird.)

Yes, it's important to make healthy decisions every day. Yes, it's vital to watch how much you eat and the quality of the foods you're putting into your body. BUT. Life is freakin' short. I wanna be thin as much as the next girl, but I'm not willing to give up Mother Bear's and Benihana and Dairy Queen and Kraft mac'n'cheese for the rest of my life! I guess this goes back to my earlier point about cheat meals. Plan 'em out. Say, hell yes I'm getting a dilly bar tonight, but maybe that means I'm eating a grilled chicken salad for dinner first instead of that 800 calorie chicken tender basket. Y'know? I, ELLEN, THOROUGHLY ENJOY PIZZA. That's my confession. And you can bet your sweet behind that I am going to eat pizza this summer. And also ice cream. And some other stuff that's bad for me. And I'm still going to lose weight because I can control myself and not go overboard!

The hardest part for me is the guilt. So today, I'm reminding myself that every day can't be all protein shakes and celery. Moderation. Planning. Indulging. All of those can be a part of my healthy lifestyle :)

-Ellen

P.S. If you notice, my live weight loss update in the right sidebar says that I'm down 4 pounds! Apparently yesterday morning I was full of water and sodium 'cause it said I was only down 3, but I measured again today and my new update is more accurate. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment