Thursday, May 30, 2013


Hi! I'm very sleepy, so I'm just gunna write a quick post because I don't want to skip any days :)

Today, I am thankful for my family. And I don't just mean my immediate relatives. I'm thankful for my families away from home. Cathedral family, SH family, sorority family, and Josh's family, too. They are all so wonderful and it's great to have so many places where I feel at home :)

Health updates: Today was an off day. I didn't exercise and I ate red velvet cake. But I'm happy, and I had a great day, and if I gain back half a pound or something, so be it. I know I've been saying tons of crazy stuff on this blog and experimenting with exercises and diets like a madwoman, so I wanna apologize if you've been looking to me for a steady stream of reliable advice. Because I'm just a girl trying to lose a few with no knowledge or experience about fitness. Just so you know.

I started this blog anticipating that it would be a summer thing. Drop 15-20 pounds and then come back to school refreshed, then just maintain it as long as I can, probably gain everything back, and not diet again til something important like my wedding one day. But I didn't realize that weight loss is not a dependable or formulaic process. I may be one of those people who just has a hard time losing weight. Maybe I won't lose 20 pounds this summer. Maybe I'll lose, like, 6. But even if that happens, I really do want to continue being healthy until I reach my goal.

But, the way to do this is not by limiting myself so much that I feel down and bored and uninspired. So I'm not going to do anything crazy. I'm just going to live, and be active, and enjoy life, and be conscious of my health choices.

Recommended reading: If you're like me, and you're trying to eat healthy and you're exercising and drinking water, yet not dropping any pounds, read this article and it may help you out:
Why You Aren't Losing Weight

Have a tremendous Thursday :)
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment