Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Food & Fitness

This evening as I was making my almost-nightly visit to the Health & Fitness section of Pinterest, a thought struck me: How lucky are we to have to worry about something like fitness?

If you think about it, fitness is a complete and utter #firstworldprob. Millions of people don't know where their next meal is coming from or how they are going to make ends meet. Meanwhile, countless young women--like me--are stressed about counting calories and doing enough crunches every day to get as skinny as possible. It's sickly ironic that while so many struggle to find enough sustenance to live, most Americans are fretting about overeating because of the abundance of food in our society. How many people in this world would do anything to be fat?


I've heard a proverb that goes "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd quickly grab ours back." This statement is really hitting home for me. If the problem that keeps me up at night is worrying about how I'd look in a bikini, I'm pretty sure that makes me one of the luckiest people in the world. And that's something to be thankful for.

*                  *              *                *

Health update: Had a great day! Treated myself to some spaghetti from Noodles & Co. at lunchtime and had some fun bonding time with my fellow camp counselors :) Had my first protein shake and loved it, and also created an amazing frozen strawberry/white chocolate smoothie for a late afternoon snack! My workout today was a P90X video that was waaaay too hard for me. Luckily I was able to modify some of the moves and still burned a ton of calories.

Today I'm officially 3 pounds down which I'm feeling great about. My goal was to lose about 1.5 pounds per week, which is exactly what I've done! If you wanna see updates on my weight loss, you can check the right sidebar or the My Story page :)

 Smoothie: 1 cup frozen strawberries + 1 container Yoplait lite strawberry white chocolate yogurt
Dinner: Rosemary flatbread with grilled chicken and feta, 1 cup broccoli with salt and pepper
Ellen: Um, pure unadulterated sexiness? Clearly. #werkthatupdo

Have a great evening and remember to be thankful today!
- Ellen ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment