Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Adventures in Juicing


My mom is very into "juicing". She has a juicer and she insisted on me trying some of the green stuff she was concocting, so I though eh, why not. And honestly, it wasn't that bad! I think the ingredients were: kale, cucumber, lemon, and green apple. Luckily the apple flavor came out the most and the juice ended up tasting fairly sweet. If you're going to try juicing, I recommend buying a ton of produce (because it takes a lot of veggies to make a little juice). Also, if you don't have a juicer, I bet a blender would work, too. I don't know. I'm no juice expert. But give it a whirl and comment if you have any fun juice recipes/stories to share :)

Mom peeling the cucumber for juice!

Health Updates: I gained back a pound and I'm majorly POed. How did this happen? Every single day I burned more calories than I ate. What's going on? Water weight?! I have no idea. So today I'm replacing two meals with protein shakes. (Is that bad?) A bit of good news though: even though my appearance isn't really different at all (I mean it's just four--I mean...three...:(--pounds lighter so far) I am down two belt holes! And belt holes don't lie, my friends.
 
Belt buckled into the smallest hole. Small victories :)

I'll let you know how my protein shake experiment goes. I'm pretty sure they contain a ton of carbs, which also makes me POed, because, like, I'm obviously drinking it to INCREASE my protein and DECREASE my carbs!! But some people online swear by the Right Size diet (2 protein shakes a day, 1 meal, two 100-calorie snacks). Definitely not something I would wanna do long-term, but I'm very desperate to get the first 5 pounds gone. And I really want to go shopping! (See Goal Setting)

Have a tasty Tuesday :) And wish me luck.
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment