Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mindful Monday: Love.


Spoiler alert: This post includes a high level of sappiness and nothing about fitness.

Today my boyfriend and I are celebrating 5 years of being together!

 

So, for Mindful Monday, I just wanted to reflect on the positive impact this guy's had on my life.

Before we met, I was an extremely shy, sad girl who didn't really fit in, who had no reason to think she was anything special. Over the last five amazing years of my life, Josh has shown me the importance of believing in yourself and having the courage to say "I am something special." Through his never-faltering support and kindness, I have learned what it's like to be truly loved. And once I learned to accept that kind of love, I learned that I deserve to love myself, too.

Both of our lives have changed so much since we were 15. Schools, hobbies, friend groups, TV shows, and even some of our values and beliefs have shifted and evolved. But even through all of the most amazing ups and the most devastating downs, Jellen hasn't changed a bit, really. Our relationship gets stronger and stronger every day. And on this, our five year anniversary, I am so happy and proud to celebrate the best years of my life (so far) with the best person I've ever met.

Advice: Be with someone who makes you so happy. Because:


Have a great day :)
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment