Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Workout Wednesday: Intervals?!

So uh, I know it's Workout Wednesday and I'm supposed to be all jazzed about this cool new workout I tried. Not really the case.

I saw this interval workout for the treadmill and I was like: Eh, I'm not the best runner and I hate the treadmill, but this looks like a cool way to mix it up. It only makes you sprint for 15 seconds and then you get a break! Seems doable!

No.

It's not doable. (For me.)

I mean, maybe it is. I'm sure I could do it if I reeeeallly wanted to. But it sucks. Call me crazy, but I kind of want a workout that doesn't make me feel suicidal because of how horribly un-fun it is. Yeah, working out isn't always fun and sunshine and daisies, but I think there's a happy medium between that and the fiery cardio underworld...

So um, I did it for the first seven minutes and then decided to go back to my good old Biggest Loser DVD :) And if you're thinking Ah geez--Ellen is such a baby for using that lame cardio video, well, I say: IT'S NOT LAME! It is inspiring and kinda fun, but still burns about 300 calories in 30 minutes. (Good enough for me, yo.)

But hey! The person who wrote the interval workout blog said she found it fun. So maybe I'm a nutcase. Try it out and leave me a comment telling me whether you love it or hate it! :)

Diet-wise, I'm still workin' on the whole protein thing. I had a black bean/feta omelet as a snack this afternoon and it was mighty good. But eggs are high in cholesterol...and black beans only have like 1 gram of protein unless you eat a full cup...and....and...ugh I hate worrying about protein. Contemplating trying the powder stuff,
but something about that just seems unnatural to me. If worst comes to worst I'll give it a shot. I really just need to eat more meat :/ Ick.

Okay, well have a terrific Wednesday! Squeeze in a workout and you'll feel a little bit better than you do right now :)

-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment