Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spice it Up Saturday: 1st Workout!

 
Well, since today was only the second day of my new, healthy lifestyle, there wasn’t a whole lot to spice up. It was, however, the first day of my workouts, which certainly added some spice to my life. I planned to follow the “Summer Workout Plan” I found on Pinterest, which requires cardio 6 days a week in addition to various arms/abs/legs workouts:


 I didn’t realize how intense this workout plan actually was! Long story short, I got through about half of the workout I intended to do. But, in retrospect, the workout I planned to do was a little intense for my very first day. Baby steps. But I loved the ab workout I did (a modified version of the one above). I've never done side crunches before and they're seriously awesome.

In the eating department, I'd consider today a great success. My diet philosophy is to snack often and eat something sweet after every meal. Thanks to my recent trip to the grocery store, my kitchen is full of fruits and vegetables to snack on, as well as individually wrapped dark chocolates. One of those after every meal and my cravings for sweets usually diminish. I use an app called Calorie Count to track my progress. Here's my analysis for the day:


Don't worry, I finished the day with an apple, so my calorie count was actually a little over 1200. I'm trying to aim for around 1300 daily, but just wasn't super hungry today. Can't wait for Fun in the Sunday tomorrow :) Let's hope we actually get a little bit of sun instead of the dreary rainclouds we've had for the last few days!

Til tomorrow,
Ellen ♥

2 comments:

  1. Triangle Pushups are the worst! So are real push ups! But I'm so proud of you!!!!!

    YOU ARE AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Esh!! Yeah I agree...what are triangle pushups even supposed to be good for?

    ReplyDelete