Friday, May 17, 2013

Feel Good Friday: Dinner Date


Today I'm going on a dinner date with my dad! We're going to an awesome steakhouse that I haven't tried before, so I'm really excited! I know that Feel Good Friday is supposed to be about indulging in things other than food, but can't food be involved juuuust a little bit? ;) Plus, it's more about spending some quality time with my dad anyway.


I think one of the keys to maintaining a healthy diet is to plan your cheat meals. Nobody is perfect. Everyone likes to eat yummy food every once in a while. So, if I want to go out to dinner with my dad and order a filet mignon, it's totally fine, as long as I don't go overboard and add on mashed potatoes, broccoli au gratin, Bearnaise sauce, and chocolate lava cake. (May or may not have just started drooling while typing that.) Just a little prep work is all that's required to make sure my treat doesn't ruin my progress.


To prepare for my 333 calorie, 40g protein, fatty, delicious steak, I did a little extra cardio this morning (Just 10 extra minutes) and did the full arms+abs workouts from the "Summer Health Plan'' I posted about earlier. (This one!) Until today I've only been doing half of each workout, and even that was kinda tough. But today I pushed myself and completed the whole thing. (Over 50 pushups...?? Yikes.) Hopefully I'll be feeling that tomorrow! In other news:

 Image from the Chiquita Banana website...Mine wasn't that pretty ;)
I also made this awesome protein shake for breakfast and thought I'd share the recipe! I know it's not Tasty Tuesday, but why not make every day a little tastier? :) I adapted the original recipe by only using half of the ingredients so it would all fit in my Magic Bullet blender. Still really filling and only about 200 calories! Enjoy:
  • 1   whole Banana
  • 1   cup Ice
  • 1/6   cup Yogurt - I used Chobani Greek, apple cinnamon flavor
  • 1/4   cup Cooked oatmeal - I used Quaker instant oats, maple & brown sugar Heart Healthy flavor 
  • 1/6   cup Almonds
 Blend together and enjoy! (Click here for link to original recipe)

Have a fabulous Friday and do something that makes you feel good!!
-Ellen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment