Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Oatmeal-Banana Pancake

Today I attempted to make a single serving oatmeal-banana pancake for breakfast. Key word: Attempted.

Beautiful, right?

I made it according to the directions, but accidentally forgot the baking powder. That being said, I don't really think even baking powder could have saved my little monstrosity of a pancake...


 The egg whites didn't really combine into the batter, as you can see in the photo. Also, one side was fairly dark (almost burnt) and the other side was kinda mushy. BUT all-in-all, it was atleast edible. I finished the whole thing, and it really wasn't that bad! Definitely a healthy and diet-friendly breakfast. Measures in at around 200 calories. Great before a workout.


The banana slices on top really helped. Next time I try this recipe I will make sure to follow the instructions. Also, I will cook it at a lower heat, making sure to check on it more often to prevent burning/under-cooking!

The original recipe can be found here: Click here!


1/4 cup instant oatmeal
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 2 egg whites)
1/2 of a really really ripe banana, mashed
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet of sweetener
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water, milk, or juice

Instructions: Mix everything together and pour into a non-stick skillet. Cook on medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. I sliced up the other half of the banana and added the banana slices on top of the pancake!


Good luck and happy eating :)
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment