Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stylin' Sunday

Ohhh yeah. My new weight has me feelin' like it's time to be a fashionista. So I dressed up a little today.


I GOT MAROON PANTS. And I love 'em and they fit so well. Better than any jeans I've ever had before, actually. I got them at Urban Outfitters. Shockingly they had my size with a length of 29" which is perfect for me (I have short legs...) Yay yay yay. And if you're curious, the graphic tank and denim shirt are both from Nordstrom.

Health Updates: I've been continuing with my 4 weeks to Lose 5 pounds plan. Crazily enough, I've already lost the 5 pounds in just 2 weeks! But, I'm trekking on. This weekend I went a little cray cray with my eating cause I was all like Hey I met my goal already, why not eat 3500 cookies? Bad thinking, Ellen. Yes, losing 10 pounds was the short term goal, but I've gotta think about the future. My ultimate goal weight is still 14.6 pounds away.

Which brings me to my new set of goals.
  • This semester, I'd like to lose another 10 pounds! This sounds so so so hard to do. I mean, juggling classes, homework, extracurriculars, and a social life isn't easy. Add exercising and healthy cooking/shopping to the list and it seems downright impossible. But I've learned this summer that dedication and determination lead to good things. And NOTHING is impossible!
  • I'd also like to get involved in an active activity! Luckily, college campuses are very active places to be. There are always new exercise classes, rec sports, and active social activities to try.
  • Finally, I'd like to cook healthy meals 5-6 nights a week. I'm always good about this at the beginning of the school year. But, when hard exams are coming up or if I miss a trip to the grocery store, I tend to just say Ah, whatevs, let's just go out to eat. Not cost efficient, and not conducive to weight loss. So I'm gunna try to cook as much as possible. Which I usually enjoy, so it shouldn't be an issue :) Another thing I tend to do is cook a main dish but leave out veggies/fruits/side dishes. I'm going to attempt to make more balanced meals.
I'm getting so antsy to get back to school. Can't wait to see my friends again and get back into the swing of things!


-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment