Saturday, June 8, 2013

HAPPY 2000 PAGEVIEWS! :) Glad someone out there is enjoying my blog!

*               *               *               *               *               * 


I suppose you can say I "spiced it up" today by trying a new cookie decorating technique I've been wanting to do for ages.


Tah dah! Those are the best of 'em. Lots are not quite as pretty. But I will tell you, it was hard work! Not too shabby for a first attempt, but I will definitely be trying it again soon and improving as I go :)

The bad part about making cookies, even if the intent is to feed them to other people, is: you always end up nibbling on them yourself! Tiny bits of dough here and there, one or two "sample" cookies. You get the picture. Not easy to estimate calorie-wise. I was worried about going over my limit so I went on a brisk evening walk to (hopefully) burn off those extra few calories...

I also made a really yummy lunch that I thought I'd share. However, I should note, this isn't a normal lunch. It's definitely more of a breakfast. But it worked for me, and it was so packed full of protein that I was seriously too full to finish it. And this was before the cookies! :)


This is just 1 cup Kashi Go-Lean, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 1 container Yoplait light vanilla yogurt. Delicious, healthy, filling, and great for a sweet tooth!

Yours truly,
Ellen

1 comment: