Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Happy Workout Wednesday. Or should I call it WERK-IT-OUT WEDNESDAY. (No?)

As I mentioned on Monday, I just started the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. I do this in conjunction with either one 10-minute segment from the BL cardio DVD or any old workout from one of my various DVDs.

I love this workout. I know that I literally said that it wasn't very hard two days ago, but I changed my mind.

I find it unique because of the emphasis on arms + legs. I'm so sick of everything being about the abs. Of course they're important, but so is the other stuff! Even though I use dinky 3-lb. weights (Shut up, I'm a beginner) I definitely feel my arms working really really hard. And she keeps saying in the video "Working your arms isn't enough. You have to combine arm and leg exercises in order to burn max calories." So so helpful. Hopefully, so true.

Today, I combined it with a new BL DVD featuring Bob Harper. I can't remember what it's called. Sorry. But it kiiiillllleeeedddd me. I did the level 2 part right after the 30-Day Shred and my arms and thighs were definitely quivering by the end.

Health Updates: I am disappointed in my number on the scale, you guys. I've been told time and time again not to worry about that number, but how can I not? It's the primary way to measure weight loss. I didn't weigh myself for a few days because I knew that I wasn't going to like what I saw. But during those 2-3 days, I worked extra hard and did extra cardio and everything, and then I get this stupid number on the scale. It's the EXACT same one I've been seeing, but with an added .2 lbs. (Yeah I know it's .2, and it could be water weight or something, but, COME ON.) Gotta keep going.

-Ellen :)

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Ellen,

    Muscle weighs more than fat. You are doing so great, and so well, please don't be discouraged! You could very well be gaining lean muscle and toning your body!

    ReplyDelete