Friday, June 14, 2013

 

Hello! CHEERS to the freakin' weekend.

Blame it on the first week of camp, blame it on my lack of sleep, blame it on sheer laziness, but my health has not been my first priority over the last few days.

Snacking has increased, dinners have become less healthy and less carefully portioned, yaddah yaddah.

Tomorrow after working out and typing my final sociology paper, I'll be hitting the grocery store to pick up some healthy items. No more cookie dough bits and handfuls of pretzels when I'm bored. IT'S BEEN 5 WEEKS AND I HAVEN'T EVEN LOST 5 POUNDS. LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

I really like this quote:


So, yeah, I've made some progress. 4 pounds isn't a lot, but it's not nothing. Now to focus on what's to come.

I've got 60 days until back-to-school and I intend to lose as much as possible! No more messing around, no more lazy days. If I want to come back to school and receive those Wow, you lost some weight! comments, I've gotta get a move on. 8.5 weeks left. I'd love to lose 8.5 more pounds. Or more. I don't know if that's realistic--but it seems like it should be (??). I've got to work so so so hard to do it, but I have faith in myself! I need to conjure up some will power, determination and focus. Then, I can do anything I set my mind to!

LET'S GO!

-Ellen

P.S. My Feel Good treat for the day was baking a batch of cookie bars for my dad for Father's Day. I love baking and I find it almost therapeutic, but it's tough not to eat a hearty helping of the finished product. I did try a small sample of the cookie bars, but nothing too crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment