Sunday, June 16, 2013

(I'm not going to even bother calling this Fun in the Sunday...not doing so well with the themes! Ah, well. I'll continue updating daily but may not stick to those!)

*        *        *        *        *        *

H O O R A Y !

Today I reached my first benchmark. I've officially lost 5 pounds!
 I feel so proud and accomplished! Even though this is just the first benchmark and I have many more to go, reaching this goal has really empowered me. As Jillian Michaels says in her 30-Day-Shred videos: "When you realize how strong you are physically, it will flood over into other aspects of your life." I think this statement is so so true. I never thought fitness would do anything for me besides help me to lose weight, but I was wrong. 

My fitness journey has taught me how amazing it feels to achieve success after working hard to reach a goal. It's taught me that I'm stronger than I believe myself to be, physically and emotionally. And it's taught me that, with perseverance, anything is possible.

If you remember from a few weeks back, I set some goals and set up a rewards system for when I reach certain benchmarks:

So, as you can see, my reward for getting rid of these first five pounds is a shopping spree! After the craziness of Josh's birthday and science week at camp, you can believe I will be hitting the mall ASAP. Can't wait!

Also, I'm going to California in a couple of weeks, and I plan on working extra hard before I take off! That way, I can enjoy the vacation by indulging in some delicious Sprinkles cupcakes and other LA cuisine without feeling too guilty for it.

Feeling renewed, excited, and proud today. Can't wait to continue this crazy health journey!

-Ellen ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment