Saturday, June 1, 2013


Back on that workout, protein shake grind :)


This is the DVD that I tried today in order to spice it up :) Sadly I didn't love it. I got it on Amazon for like $5, which was awesome, but then I read the reviews. (That makes a lot of sense, right? Reading the reviews after you've already bought something...) All of the reviews say that this is one of the worst BL DVDs. Everyone agreed that Anna (the girl trainer) really sucks, so I didn't do her circuit. I just did Dolvett's, then Bob's, cause I've seen them both on the show and I like them. In total, I did 30 minutes of cardio.

Dolvett came off as drill sergeant-y and cold and I wasn't very motivated by his "tabata" workout. It was 20 seconds of intensity, followed by a 10-second break. But he gave you three choices for each move: easy, medium, and hard. That was something I liked and disliked at the same time. Everyone in the video was doing different stuff. It was good because I could choose my appropriate level, but it was bad because I like to see the people on the screen pushing themselves and then I'm motivated to do exactly what they're doing. When half of them are doing the easy step touches, I start to think it's okay for me to do that, too, and it's not.

Bob's circuit was alright but not very fun. It was intense. Very very hard on the legs. There were definitely some moves I liked. But Bob wasn't as nice, fun, and motivating as he usually is. He just seemed very harsh and unforgiving. (Is it weird that I focus so much on the trainer's attitude in each video rather than the moves? Ha.) 

My grade (just based on the 2/3 of the DVD I did): C.
It was a meh workout. I might do it again but maybe not.  

Have you tried this vid? What do YOU think, o random reader? Leave a comment and brighten my day :)

-Ellen :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment