Thursday, June 13, 2013


This Thursday, I am very thankful for my campers.

Today at camp, a little blonde girl said to me: "I just want you to know, you're my favorite counselor. And I really like the bows you wear in your hair every day." Isn't that cute?! Comments like these make me so happy about the career path I've chosen. Even the little ones who giggle at a corny joke I've made, or the ones who silently hold my hand on the walk out to the playground show an unspoken appreciation through their tiny expressions of thanks.

It's a special thing to be able to work with children on a daily basis. Though sometimes I may want to rip my hair out because of the crazy chaos that comes with managing 35 five-year-olds, overall, it's a truly amazing and fun experience every single day. I'm so thankful for each child I've been able to work with at camp, and for my future students, because I already know that they are going to be so wonderful and lovable :)



*             *             *             *             *             *

Health updates: I still haven't weighed myself since camp started and my lifestyle became significantly more active. I am a bit nervous because I've kinda been using the excuse "I'm burning a lot more calories than usual" to make some questionable diet choices. Not anymore!

I've been taking the lazy way out by eating whatever is convenient instead of taking the time to prepare healthy dinners for myself. I plan to go to the grocery store tomorrow and replenish my supply of healthy ingredients and snacks. That always helps motivate me to eat healthily, because I'm reminded of all of the awesome, tasty, nutritional stuff I can eat!

And, of course, it's important to remind myself: Treat your body with respect. Show yourself the love you deserve. You work hard exercising and staying active, so don't ruin it with unhealthy food!


Have a fantastic Thursday!
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment