Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Ah, Sundays. During the school year, I dread them all week long. There's always homework to finish up, meetings to attend, and errands to run, when all I feel like doing is sleeping and snuggling in bed. Bleh.

But, during the summer, they are simply the best.


Since my summer classes have ended (Praise the Lord) I no longer have to wake up and do 2+ hours of homework every Sunday morning. I just get to sleep in as late as my heart desires, scroll through Pinterest, and leisurely make my way downstairs for breakfast and my daily workout. Then, I get my errands done if I need to, eat a nice dinner at home, and relax watching Food Network Star and Cupcake Wars, two of my favorite shows! (Note: I don't recommend watching these shows while on a diet...too many temptations! Luckily, I'm usually able to satisfy my cravings with a small piece of dark chocolate.)

Today I did a little bit of shopping as well. Got some new clothes to make sure I'm lookin' cute during my upcoming Cali trip! I also went to the grocery store and got plenty of healthy breakfast and lunch materials. I even got almond milk, something I haven't tried before! Looking forward to putting it in my Honey Bunches of Oats in the morning :)

*           *           *           *           *           *

Health Updates: I planned on doing Jillian Michaels + 20 minutes of additional cardio today. I ended up doing the JM Level 3, and then a 10 minute segment from the BL cardio DVD. The only reason I stopped was because I was starting to get dizzy...weird. I also didn't eat much today. Around 1100 calories, I'd say. That's not enough and I'm sure it's not the healthiest thing to do. BUT. I ate too much yesterday. Hopefully the two days balance out.

Looking forward to a 4-day work week, then tons of traveling adventures!
-Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment